Friday, February 25, 2011

the New Age has given me amnesia

I cannot remember all that I had believed

everything I thought was right and important

is old business to those coming up

who have no inkling of the world from where I came

who think I grew up in some world of meaningless illusions

that cannot avail against the unliving mechanical clanking

of the material realm in which the remains of their souls

will devolve

good-bye good-bye good-bye

like animals your eyes will close

your living will end and you'll never know what you're missing

such is the New Age that has built a wall

between the soul and the body

or rather those of this New Age who have no idea of its true meaning

and can only be gathered like falling nuts and bolts

into a mesh net to be hung on that very wall

unbothered by memory identity or being...



Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: