Saturday, February 5, 2011

closing down the business

a tornado skipping his drunken strut

unrooted and leveled the town--

if he'd known that--he needn't have bother--

my eyes must've closed for a moment

there at a reasoned conclusion

an unaccounted end was imposed--

that's hard to take

when nothing's left for the taking

stress--the magic name the reasonable description--

gnaws at out vitals

please don't make me preach!

I'm trying to draw people in--not drive

them away--000hh why does my neck hurt?

I must have closed my eyes for a second

suddenly I'm as neurotic as the world thinks--

screw 'em--


(he raved and raved but remained docile
as they lead him away
from the spill on his floor--
I feel so bad for him I almost think

he started to make sense...)


Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: