Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I rant I rave I misbehave

all to your wondrous annoyance

I'm jumping out of my skin as they say

plunging to the depths of my depths as it's been suggested

swinging on a tire on a branch of the Tree of Life

or whatever other cliche does it for you

but I know you're pissed

I know you'd like a crease my skull with a rolling pin

vignettes of the early 20th century

while we wait for spring and other atrocities

to plague the selfish solitude of

some ersatz anchorite

but if I must endure your cutting attachment

know that I'll give top dollar suffering wise

you'll be getting a karmic handful

the One who have it no other way

and your will will wilt

before that steadfastness

I mean truly no quarter shown

life is to the death

and even if you're annoyed or exasperated

I rant I rave I inch past this particular grave

I'd rather check out elsewhere in this earth

where you'd be a little more loose about nonsense

and I'd be less inclined to act the ass in the name

of some crap-talking boast

from an aging specimen recovering precisely

from such rants what raves

the warrenty expired and the parts costly

I breath I moan I'm cut to the bone

much to your satisfaction

are you better now?

do you still disdain the living proof

of your misjudgment? your ill pick?

but handling it so much better than previously?

see how solicitous I can be? I care I care see I care!

damn it!

you look blankly out a window while

I stare I mutter I try to become the snow

whirling outside the window

so this is what I've become? so this is it!

silent silent silent

while you look silent silent




Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.



No comments: