Saturday, August 18, 2012

I gave advice deep from my ignorance

I did not want to offend

so with many prologues and warnings

and general disclaimers

I went ahead and intruded on someone's process

even though they asked me to weigh in


I could've been honest and begged off

explaining I was not up on the topic


and it was really none of my business anyway

(I don't know those involved and how could

I comment on abstractions?)


but instead I opened my mouth to crow

and crow I did as if entire orchards rose and scattered

like dust challenging the clarity of a view

that streamed on my voice


when I was done

they looked at me for a second too long


then being offended

I spoke from my vanity to pardon myself

while my shame painted my insides red


that's the last time they'll ask me anything of import

while it may not be the last time I play the dunce...


my advice to myself?..."miss no opportunity to close your mouth"





Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: