Thursday, August 30, 2012

a new world will grow like stalks

breaking through the ashes and ruin of this old one


but the terrible price tells me

all I wished for this world


will happen without me

and not as the straight march to transcendence


that all of us wish it would be

if I have to be the last of the old


then so be it

(I was never too keen on community as such


too many not holding up their end

and I in my way among them


despite what I thought I was doing)

the vanity that dies now


will resurface yet again

for all the novelty of the new


human nature will never change

and the struggle to engage the higher self


will continue even in what new dispensation

puts us a higher rung of the Jacob's Ladder


we climb on our way to what fulfillment

what reunification what holy only One...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.



No comments: