Wednesday, August 29, 2012

how I weary of this world


we're torn between the merciless ideologies

of those who would take all for themselves

and leave everyone else to die

and of those who would take and expect

some permanent restitution

for their victimhood


and even those who think they've transcended

such earthly illusions are themselves deluded

in their vanity of their fake universal comprehension


but trust the human race vain and proud

and never more so than when they are weak and humble

(and yes I include myself

once you're awake it's hard to go back to sleep)


to have nothing to say

but will go on yammering anyway


our shame and our glory

one indistinguishable thing


how I weary of this world

how I weary of the whole plan


myself needing to disregard the fallen state

and strive for the risen one...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: