Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Saturn wins

Saturn crushes the life out of you

allegedly to save you


but if I had to lose

all that was holding me back

why wasn't slow steady painful


progress through the earth

losing all I've loved and mishandled

not enough?


Vengeance oh only One?

how human after all

albeit a tyrant's run...


but things are as they are and to hear you tell it

"I Am That I Am!"

fine...how may I please offer up


the last of my ashes

and blow away in some obscure direction

that is anywhere but this particular life?


or must Saturn that ringed turd

trample even that dust

for the satisfaction of the One?


so sorry I got so holy

I'd rather chase ass and legs

down every street in the world


in every age of the planet

than ruin myself over the love and compassion

that our fellow souls require


if only because it is a given

and nothing that can be second-guessed

automatic as breathing


with the risk of being taken for granted

oh Saturn will lock down every move

in a horror show of consequence and despair


and all in the name of a terrible

incomprehensible judgment

Saturn will squeeze you whether you've learned or not


Saturn a loose thick turd wearing halos...




Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito.

No comments: