Monday, February 6, 2012

I'd as soon turn and walk away

from every hardship with which

you've burdened me


I've grown stronger under the weight

and pressure

and the heart no longer pumps in a panic


I'd easily glide away

with all discussion ended

what would I lose?


What would I have to fear?

each person carries another's death

within them we assassins stalking ourselves


time thought time to deliver

a gift too late or

a chance whose instant has passed


to each other

as on twilit evenings

we experience the passing faces


on the concourse

seeking out the recipient

under the glow of streetlights


presenting (perpetually)

with each unique clamor met

I'd as soon go there now but won't


for chance of ruining it

I can as well stay on track with

as many hellos as goodbyes in abundance



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito.










No comments: