Thursday, February 16, 2012

I had a feeling it would be you


something detached

fundamental to understand


covered my eyes like a fold

and I shrugged


obviously I could not offer

what you most required


and let it be and let it go

so it naturally came to mind


when the doorknob flew off in flaming splinters

and the door swung open to reveal


you standing amid your creation

kicking aside husks and shells


as you entered and all I could think was

"oh damnable Christ! now what?


didn't she uproot enough

in her last ransacking?"


I ask you who else could it be

and I'm still sorry I underestimated you


when we get tired of wordlessly staring

at each other


after not crediting you with enough brains

to hoist yourself to miserable spats of peevishness


I won't spill on myself

if you're ill at ease


you may yet have more explaining to do

and for a tiny moment


I will be pleased to be silent...go...


Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito.

No comments: