Wednesday, February 22, 2012

alone


this feels natural to me

no bullshit bowing to the ignorance of others


no crap about honoring the desperate evils

of the underdeveloped


I have no problem giving the helping hand

but the expected crutch I cannot do...


believe all you wish

deny all you like


your reckoning will be as hard

as anyone's


and you'll have no one to blame

but your own cowardly attempt


to escape responsibility

while the rest of us sigh


as much from recognition as from

acceptance of our own failings and the ever painful


pledge to "do better"

better than what I'll never understand


but that is why I bless the ultimate reality

here in the earth


help all you like...get brownie points for heaven

but eventually you will be...each of us will be...


alone


alone with only our tale to tell

and our consequence to instruct...endlessly...



Content (c) 208-2012 Philip Milito.

No comments: