Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I will be glad to be rid of this life


no more of God snatching away what I work to achieve

just as I'm about to attain it


no more doing what I can to repent and amend

and have it come to little or nothing


no more trying to do the right thing

only to have it explode in everyone's faces


I know now God is not love

but pure cold unforgiving vengeance


liability be damned

I owe up but so what?


the One still insists on the Price

being gouged out of us


well let it be that then

I was as foolish as anyone


with our limited self-serving ideas of religion

atonement is as nothing


because God's vengeance is primary

and it's just too bad if your religion doesn't


support your faith

religion politics law all of it


nothing but enslaving man-made concepts

doing nothing but keeping us


from the Infinite

and the One does it with our own acts


innocent stumbling or deliberate manipulation

you will pay and pay


and no amount of 'sorry' will make a difference

as you stumble and fuck up more and more


and all God can or will do is weep with you

cling to your fake religions


for all I know they work because

of the belief you invest in them


but for me I pay the price for vanity

for thinking I could arrive in good grace


at some resolution and atonement

after scrambling out the box of tradition


God wants you to transcend then blocks you

every step of the way


I have no idea how much more of this I can endure

but as the Light grows I diminish


and the happiest time of this life

will be leaving it


my good never good enough...


Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito.



No comments: