Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I can't win


God will do me down

no matter what I do


love is not God's business

vengeance is


and God could care less about human suffering

why should the One give a fuck?


the One does all but blames us for it

and for our limited humanity


and who help us if we dare say anything about it?

give up your bullshit prayers


your sucking-up to the One

who could give a fuck whether you endure or perish


let the One deny all the One wishes

it doesn't change the facts of creation


you'd think God...being all there really is

would be a little sweeter about things


but Power is a narcotic even the Lord cannot refuse

evidently


oh I will perish because I hate creation as is

and the Lord will have none of it


I've exhausted my ability to praise

and perform obeisance


I took the word of the Lord at His Word

and now it seems like nothing but another piece


of cheap lying horseshit

I curse with the full remaining force


of my wasted life

and what does the One care?


at long as I can't win

God will make sure there is all to lose


somehow this is redemption...



Content (c) 208-2012 Philip Milito.


No comments: