Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I may not have a mental illness

but when I look in the mirror and see

everyone I've ever been staring back at once

I can be fairly certain I've transcended something


there--an idiot take on metaphysics

to placate an idiot

(by the way


etymologically speaking an idiot is an unschooled person

one who is demeaned for not getting with the program or for being

as we would call one today an auto-didact

as if their lone learnings could stand against the seasoned traditions

of the great Empire


one would expect such from so public a polity and so social

a milieu as ancient Rome

the civic shit heads)


so their imagined smugness is just that

an idiot's justification

but multiplied by a vast number of citizens


an idiot's announcement from all of me to most of you

for those with no ears to hear...or not hear...if you will...


that's enough idiocy for today...


Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito.

No comments: