Saturday, June 2, 2012

a steady job would be nice--

so would some forward motion God won't obstruct

for karma's sake--


but I carry so much shit from the past

it was eclipsed by the current lifetime's

matters at hand that needed attention--


but I couldn't tell you

if I made things worse by not knowing

from what body of consequences those grasping


fingers of demand for reckoning and absolution

clutched at the ignorant consciousness

that is this Philip Milito--


so I came to some kind of realization

but there is so much more to confront

that no peaceful easy moment is enough


to energize the soul on its continuing way--

to hell with history or some illusion of a grand destiny--

my bills are mounting and the old lady's giving me hell


on a regular basis and God is elsewhere

all promises of aid left like a pile of shit

steaming on some roadside while I look for


a job of work that will at least keep me afloat

until I reach some catch basin of some abyss--

fuck it


steady work--though a dream--would be a nice situation

to which I could awaken...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.



No comments: