Wednesday, June 13, 2012

my apologies left right and center


sometimes I'm still given to outrageous outbursts

like the previous post


(I've always liked messing with heads

but now Time and Age are messing with mine)


and I feel a little sad that youth and clowning

have been gone for longer than I care to admit


and that this is as rowdy as I can get now...


on the other hand there's much to be said for the quiet

and for letting the young'uns take their turn playing the fool


I sit at the sidewalk table in the darkening evening

watching the whole parade pass on yet another day's end


appreciating the sharp violet twilights more deeply now


my apologies all around for this triteness

I think I've exhausted every apprehension of this reality at last




Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: