Wednesday, February 12, 2014

calmness is something

I'm becoming reacquainted with...


even the momentary rage subsides...

unable to do the damage it used

to do so easily and so swiftly


is it just a return to the world

to finish out my sentence in the jail

of the world or close my term

in this school of life?


or am I just getting old

and the diminishing strength has enough power

only to support a hearty 'fuck it'

over all the matters of the world

everyone thinks is so damn eternally important?


or is it both?...age bestowing

the wise counsel to accept

your position and acquiesce to its conditions?


I'll have plenty upon which to contemplate

in this calmness with which

I am becoming reacquainted....





Content (c) 2008-2014 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: