Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh Gross Almighty--you who hears and turns away--

take this day all ruins of our imaginary love for thee

none of it any longer matters to me--

I'm out on my ass looking for where I can stay--



you demand adoration and the totality of our love--

you demand we atone for all wrongs we have done--

you demand payments though we're broke from all we've won--

and yet no amendment for you is ever good enough--


now I'll catch hell for daring to speak true--

you Almighty sadly are no better than the rest of us--

you abandon us when all goings get tough

while you stand tsk-tsk-ing saying all that's owed is due--


well take it--take it--as if we'd power to bargain with you--

blame us all you want--it's your doing that we are through--


Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: