Thursday, May 19, 2011

I should have left well enough alone

but nooo--I had to listen to some cheerleader

for positive thinking and powerful visualization

harangue me into taking action on myself--

as if my natural habits were some aberration of the species-

and I've no one to blame but myself

for letting her in with her sweetness and calmness

as if it were a walking advertisement for transcendence

(a comfortable upscale upbringing and shamelessly well-off parents

can do that for you--)

and now she's floated off to another admirer

while I'm sticking branches under my tires for traction

as an exhaust of sawdust flies up from the mud

of my latest spiritual misadventure--

I'm old enough to know better--but any moment--

any effort could be deliverance--so you undergo the crap once again--

and once again crap is its own reward--

may her wings get mangled in the blades of a ceiling fan

as my muddy boots carry me forward in my trudge--

the proverbial 'sadder but wiser'--

nuts!


Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: