Monday, July 20, 2009

People think I don't live in this world--
they're right
People think I'm serious when I talk of not killing
all the assholes in the world because there aren't enough bullets to do the job
they're right
People think I'm not serious when I talk of killing all the assholes
because taking even a few down will be of help to someone
they're right
People think they know what they think and think what they know
is right but that's the one way in which
they're wrong

and that's all I know



*

you are permanently there in mind

like a scar--



*

how much thought of you
is like a heartbeat
keeping alive
a futile dream

earth trembling
around us
like a seizure
and I have no vision

of how to rescue us
except through
the shock of awakening--

pale image fading
as the lids open...




Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito.


No comments: