Sunday, July 5, 2009

I pay no attention
to my own sufferings--

they are the yowlings
of insignificance

from the delusions of self
that make hells of heavens

and pains of terror that look
to others like grimaces of gas




                                                                         *

now what the hell are you doing
I ask myself

now why the hell are you asking
I reply

I was just showing concern
I said

I pardon you
I answer





                                                                           *


your cunt and your asshole
so sweet on my tongue

I remember
I remember
I remember 

how much I want it again



                                                                             *

I thought I was getting too old for this shit

but like Yeats's late poems
or Dylan's mature masterpieces

I do my time as old goat

hot hot hot fo' da stuff
and how


                                                                               *


some kinda apocalypse approaching

and all I can do is peer through the blinds
and blink at the amazing daily circus

scratching the back of my head with a thumbnail--
what new world--thousands of years from now

people will peer and scratch--they'll likely be us again--
still wondering when the Galactic center

will gobble us up


                                    Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito.

No comments: