Thursday, July 2, 2009

how often I will think
of the mountains of western Maine

when they are no longer there--

somewhere in eternity
their essence will resonate

and inform the vast story that is

this particular view of Creation--
glimpsed in the twilight

over the mountains of western Maine


            

                                                                            *



the past has utterly dissolved

the world I knew is gone
and the new one forming around me

will likewise be mourned in  due course





                                                                            *



so I will take it no farther that this

but will be taken myself

forward from all that was done

to all that will be done




                                        Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito.

No comments: