Monday, May 7, 2012

I released a personae yesterday

the character who told all I had to say

he was Wraecca he was the Entity


he was the Ghost and more you see


now those artistic constructions have passed

enduring as long as such things will last

and what fresh things I'm given to say

I'll discover day by day


I may repeat myself and worse

but I'll proceed even onto dying of thirst

in this desert of hell we call the World

where all our blooms lay dried and curled


and the 'god of Vengeance' who won't be mocked

will kill us with some gross joke of 'love' and be shocked

to learn that we will continue to do the right thing

whatever the punishment of the vanity of this king


you're screwed no matter what you do

so do what's right and see it through

and if the Universe punishes you for taking it at its 'loving' word

at least you can say "Not my will but Thine" and be heard


good-bye old artifice and hello to all the others

I've released my old personae and become yet another...



Content (c) 2008-2012 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.







No comments: