Thursday, September 29, 2011

I cannot condone any wrong

even if it's sanctioned by God

to correct some other wrong

or to set some part of His plan to rights


the God who claims to be able to do anything

doesn't do much of anything

in a timely and helpful manner

ignoring that this creation is His design


but leaving the liability on us

and that is hardest to accept before we may

transcend nor can we consciously actively want it

think of the sins of pride that would unleash


and so we are driven

some of us to sorrowful acquiescence

and others to murdering others

because they can't kill God


but I'll tend to myself for starters

and will not condone any wrongs

even if it means God's doings are vaster than known


even if it means my own attempts at good do me in



Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: