Sunday, September 18, 2011

all my selves jostle in my one skin

which one will I be today?

which one will I be half an hour from now?


you all must know what I'm saying

scowling after being chewed out by your boss

you leave his office and there's his new secretary

with her stereotypical tight low-cut blouse

and suddenly you're a lounge lizard's idea of Casanova

or going out after work mocking one's fashion sense

then a second later helping a blind person across the street


if God were as simple-minded as his worshippers

we'd be worse off than we are now

(and don't think I don't wonder sometimes)


ah but when push comes to shove

what self would we want to be called out on?

I'll leave with this question

because I'm not even sure for myself at the moment...


Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: