Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some selections from Initiated, a very, very old collection of mine.


I have no idea
What you're after
I only know
That I don't know
What I want
And made love to you
Knowing you would
Pick up my worst habits


*

QUERY

When did you
First realize
Your life would
Cost you your life?

*

I'm one of those cranks
Who think animals are better than people

And why not? Doesn't the Bible
Tell there's no sin in them?

*

It hurts to open the heart
Only God's silence answers a prayer
See how fragile the communication is
I'm trying out other voices

*

1:30 AM

In deep night
A fast whirring
Car alarm
Persists

----dead stop

Then continues
As before
Soft then loud
As the

Air moves

*

DECEMBER 28, 1980 (for T.D.M.)

So many years after your death
The night is dim red snowlight
The streetlamp's soft rays like arms
Reaching out to catch the racing fog

*

INITIATED

Rain hangs tears
On every flower
The bee invades

*

AN OLD MAN

Like a vision, Death
Fills his domain;

The world the width
Of a window pane.

* * *

Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: