Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I can never understand
How more people in love
Don't kill each other

Strength of will
Or fear of law
I guess

And I would back
The latter


*


honesty can get you killed these days

we talk loosely--carelessly--

thinking ourselves among friends

and suddenly you're in a refrigerator

accosted by negativists who denounce all good

as if it were a grand lie and that truth can only be

dirty and humiliating--they look for evil and find it

then turn and say "see?"

now I understand the mountain men of the Old West

who saw the lie of good and bad alike

and said "the hell with it"--

I admire them as I/we endure our technological world society

run by both tyrannies alternately (but actually in unison)--

wish I could hunt game and grow gardens--

think I'd better learn--unless death spares me

the post-apocalyptic hell of a "New Golden Age"--

who--help us all?!


*

thank whatever power the One (for lack of an adequate word) is

that the moment is calm

that love and power are not present before me at this time--

may we all make it home one way or another

may we all find that peace that always around us

despite our lack of notice



Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: