Sunday, January 2, 2011

the meadowlarks are awakening

they wait for the sun to rise in the sky

they fly about the disfigured mannikins

waiting for them to stop walking among us

with their zombie lusts and their lack of life

I watch them wheel in the sky

and envy their persistence

I got tired long ago but in my slowing

I feel operas and ashtrays jockey for my attention

I do not wish to participate but disaffiliation is hard

when we are all One and one man's bullshit

is another man's manure

whole orchards rise out of shit

while the soul-dead look to exterminate

the sources of life

I refuse to be a part of this carnage

even as I lift my foot out of the mulch of destroyed

visions and compromised wisdoms of brotherhood

sucking down our steps like a quicksand of senselessness

the meadowlarks wheel above

paragons of patience following the vectors

of grace that are the grace of the One

God Universal Forces Source of Life Source of Light

Center of the Vortex whatever whatever whatever

I want to be a meadowlark

I am a meadowlark

what the hell am I doing with dead worlds

when new worlds spring into existence

every second

I'm flying with the meadowlarks

my nest has been eliminated by the passing of time

and the mendacity of fallen dreams crushed hopes

I don't want to die that way

I want to die in full flight

I want to follow the beams of sunlight

that will survive every darkness of the earth

thank God Goddess Whoever Almighty

the meadowlarks are again awakening

with every being of Creation

his own avatar his own responsible savior

the meadowlarks are awakening

let's join them

quickly



Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: