Tuesday, November 26, 2013

UNDERNEATH ALL OUR CONFUSIONS

for you I'll be some steady voice

(your personal chaos reining in

my personal confusion)


giving me an objectivity

I wish I could train on myself


but we're all here to serve one another

we're all here to teach one another

we're all here to talk to one another


even if what we have to say

is as confused or hapless or useless as our hopes


in any small measure of forging our ways forward

at least we poke our way into whatever darkness prevails

at least we have each other for company


my voice...and your assent...and everybody murmuring

around the edges of our exchange


we may all think we're alone in this...and we are to some extent

but we listen for voices and hear ourselves

and adjust to the silence in our hearts....






Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: