Friday, October 18, 2013

THE MYSTERY AS EVER

I gave up nothing

I couldn't stand to lose

but eventually even that stuff

will disappear too


nothing we glance at

or fully desire

will endure through

through the dying clutch of our ire


at being merely human

a stuttering joke in the Void

that nobler spirits

would be inclined to avoid


if such posture wouldn't

diminish and drag them down

our Oneness being such that together

we rise to the skies or fall to the ground


like many before me and many after

I gave up nothing and lost it all

but the brief transcendence I found therein

has with its fullness slid away past recall


I rely on nothing now

but the instant I inhabit

and who I encounter there

equally knows the instant and has it


and the renunciation that gains all

remains the mystery it'll always be

if you give up nothing then nothing is lost

and the an Ineffable Essence constitutes you and me...





Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: