Thursday, October 3, 2013

I CLOSE MY EARS

I close my ears to the yowlings of the earthbound...

let them have their ignorance and their hates


let them wreck the world in the full vent of their fright

I trod a a higher path no less fraught with peril and fear


I can have nothing to say about it...

anything you can imagine isn't the ideal state we crave


and if man is wolf to man it is precisely

because of our Oneness...so don't be surprised 


when saying "we're all in this together"

gets you bad French and a whipping...


all self-hate sees itself in the mirrors of ourselves 

and each other...so we kill...


being unable to kill God for the wretched cruelty of

life as is...I close my ears so I won't have to hear myself...





Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.






No comments: