Friday, January 18, 2013

CLOSURE THAT OPENS

this renovation of the world

continues beyond

any event we can control


no previous way of doing business

stands against the weasels

who run all these new games


and those who join

in their daily nibble

on the heels of the noble fallen


who were shaped by a time

that passed before their eyes

and is now bringing them to where they're


beyond their capacity to cope...

but the games are not new

and the crooked variable rules are the same


for those who would kill or be killed

let their aim be true

(though it never is...witness


the innocent bystanders

clogging cemetery plots

that should welcome their assailants)


let all who would proceed

do so as ever at their own peril

I know my time has gone passed


but I'm obliged to do my daily do

regardless of my diminishment

and what this closure on the lives


of me and mine means to anything

has yet to be determined

and opened at last...by who?




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito.





No comments: