Sunday, January 20, 2013

as an 'attempted' poet

I followed in the line

of Bauderlaire Lautremont and Rimbaud...

les poetes maudits...

(with a healthy over-helping of

the religious surrealist Pierre Emmanuel

thrown in in over-heaps...)


now looking over some recent (and earlier) posts

this stuff sounds more like the ravings

of a manic-depressive psychotic

than a visionary on the order of..say...

San Juan de la Cruz

(it was he who said "Vision is a measure

of the defect of vision." after all)


so I'll cut this shit out

and go back to what I'm really only capable of doing...

that's to say...dealing with matters at hand...


hey...high low medium or any other fake measure

of our place in the chain

we all are deluded to some degree

and we all wish for what is not ours

and we all make hash of our best endeavors


and we all at some point cry ourselves to sleep

so I will be with you in that and if I do it right

you won't even know it when I'm gone...




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: