Tuesday, January 22, 2013

AIN'T THIS THE SHIT?

all the things the world

counts as meaningless

have enlivened and enlightened

my life here in earthly hell


the pre-dawn glow of the sky

the slanting sunlight on cliff edges

and warm salt-saturated morning beaches


the hot noon making shadows

of the all physical form

and the bright monochrome mornings


of winter and the bare branches etched

against the gray horizons

or the violet evenings of star-lit spring


the smiles of children and lovers

each in their moment

and each recalling yet other children and lovers


and the still egoless instants when all conditions

merge into one manifestation

of an eternal now sweet and sad as an acceptance...


the world as it is has no use

for these transcendent moments

and even those committed to the world as it is

experience these moments and the moment passes


and the experience is as forgotten as dream

I've made too many mistakes

to atone for now but I can know

these are what made life livable


(or at least bearable) but even that moment

passes and what comes next holds

all that came before


and it is we who take what we will of it

what there is of it that is ours


for me that means I make peace with all I've done

now that I'm in the end zone and settling my worldly business


going on to what is next...it being what it is

and I going on...ready or not...




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.



No comments: