Thursday, January 24, 2013

NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING

this has really

nothing to do with anything


but I swear sometimes

I feel as if every moment


of my life is telescoping

into the immediate instant


and the morning's midwinter

sunlight slanting onto buildings


releases other instants through which

I've lived as if all sunlight


all activity of every person

ambling along on their daily business


on all street scenes or country quiet

alive with multiple times all the same time...


am I conscious now of being completed?

have I really reached that end zone


or am I making too much of bittersweet nostalgia

in a lonely solitary moment?


does it matter since so much is beyond

knowing or control?


we live having nothing to do with anything

but something to do with everything...




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: