Monday, April 25, 2011

she's done--she's had it--

the things that didn't mesh in us

have started to wreck us to the root--

I thought she was outside the box with me--

I thought anything that didn't fit

would be smoothed over with love and acceptance

of our differing energies--

but that was a fool's delusion--

that was vanity in the eyes of what mystery animates the Universe

(which we call 'God' for lack of a word that describes

the Indescribable)

I truly believed--and my idiocy was corrected

by another's reality--

so much I didn't sign on for--

and all of it sinking us--

I tried my best--thought we could work things out--

what a fool I am--what a delusion--

done is done--and all that remains are the slanders

of hurt lovers who had no time to waste on yet another

mistake--another misfire--another dead battery--

and the God we bow and scrape before

stronger in vengeance than in repentance--and mercy--and grace--

and forgiveness



Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito

No comments: