Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I fashioned a destiny

from thoughtless little acts--

a greedy take here

a neglectful omission there--

all the accumulations

of every wade through the aether

forming the way I proceed--

and in the passage--

a reflection here

a penance there--

not so much on a road

as on a swaying suspension bridge

that swings one way in my favor

and other times in opposition--

and the delusions of hope that

undermine aspiration

cannot make out any way ahead--

for the bad will weigh a ton on the stooped shoulder

while the good is so evanescent

one could doubt its presence--its existence--

such is good news among the detritus

we make of the world--

I have fashioned a destiny

to a destination I've yet to make...


Content (c) 2008-2011 Philip Milito.

No comments: