Thursday, July 1, 2010

WAILS OF THE WRAECCA.

PART III: THE WORLD


Berserk from vertigo
My mind
Torn by images
Of years gone

As present and
Painful as ever


*

I'm mumbling again

I dare not speak out loud
While a shadow darkens
A bar of light
Shining under the door


*

The mendacious cultivate your misery
And benefit from it--

The councils of men--corrupt with complicity--
Feed off your grief
And their pious justifications
Barbeque the earth

This is the World--

All filthy ideals at peak action
Before what cataclysmic cleansing?

What purging in dumb "Finally It Is Truly Upon Us" awe
As eyes over chewing mouths lift--blank--gone slack--?


*

Fuck earthly authority
In every shape and form--
Fuck the insane imperatives
And don't you EVER conform

*

Advent season
Will pass like a wind
Over my ruins
Work of human hands

Ringing novena bells
Through this neighborhood


*

When night closed on me
Like a coffin lid
I was in bug-eyed panic
For you over a pay phone
As you hung up--

When I was defeated in my own mind
Suffering at the inanity of drones
And called for some rope of kindness
You turned your back--

When mad midnights struck
As I gazed out of my vibrating zombie
Contemplating my hells and needing a word of grace
You held your tongue--

When you yourself receive these ordeals
In some future state and I hear a whistling
In my ear and shrug it off
Then you will know--what--why--


*

What patience
When right goes wrong
What tolerance
When everything's wild

What forgiveness
When consequence crushes intent
What acceptance
When no grace stills this repetition

*

The oppressed do their worst
Blaming others than themselves
For their misery

The more cunning tyrannize the slow weaker ones
Who burst in rage past acceptance--
The steady need met in this mutual murdering--

In those swinging scales this dynamic
Manipulates this unity of being--as unrelenting as the god
Who upholds them all in their pains


*

For protecting whores
And giving them advantage
In every hand of a deck permanently stacked
Against the lonely and beaten
You--who love us
Soft feminine--pliant beneath the God's rampant maleness--
Indeed teach--
The wicked prosper
That they may be
Instruments of vengeance

*

To wait in patience
Before the throne
Without stalling out
When what you've long awaited
Past--is gone--

But then what fortunate turn empowering--
Balm for hurt useless for hurt--
Is disqualified from unmastered
Fuming griefs

Steady as the throne
Patience runs down before--

*

How do I get
The depth of a cry--
Sad harness
Harassing the feeble back
Drawing a rattle at drop down--

Is my life this? This depth of cry?

This laying down of the burden?




[End of PART III.]


Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: