Tuesday, June 23, 2009

what the hell did I do now
to assure the powers
would bugger me whole
                                          (get it?)
with assent from some Almighty
I wouldn't recognize
even if I had no preconceived notion
     coming up the street at me
with obsidian eyes and meat-scraped talons
claiming uselessly to be one of the sheep
when it's really the horndog shepard

who because we are made in the image--
                   is the spender of sexed self-hatred
for which we are recipient of
terrible affection--

if I didn't know any better
I would say I asked for it
simply by obeying ethical stricture
but then 
       I've never had great regard
for the self--        so much what I must be
I took for granted
what fools rage to establish--
        that there is no executioner better than
our own awareness setting up what
could
perfectly be described as
                                           roundly fucked----


                                Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito.

No comments: