Saturday, June 13, 2009

lust like tearing tides
turmoil of frustrated heart
and unsettled disheveled mind
seeing the glowing damn thing
before me in sight
and nothing I would use
to get to it and realize it working
in art or detached meditation
or even in its basic element
of churning loins and ecstatic spout
---oh the heavens in my head
a fury lately and all the hell I want to do
is heal myself of a life battered and beaten
by precisely this needful nerve uproar
     and I spill in an unmerciful
eddy of nerves the only jitter
on a Zen lake of limpid sustenance
a mockery just by being all that 
I would wish to be--

but the wish not enough--
nor the desire that upends
the Will--

lost for the moment
to the perfect breasts and ass and legs
of a faceless perfect woman

and found after in the  limpid lake
storm passed on but unchanged
in its tattered float--

                                                                               *

I will grope my way forward--

I'll go as far as there are walls to guide--
after that I spill with everything else in this world
in unmerciful flux--and end where I will--right near where I began--


                                   Content (c) 2008-2009 Philip Milito.




No comments: