Thursday, March 28, 2013

FACING ULTIMATE REALITY

if I were God

I'd like to think I'd be

a lot sweeter about things


less the tyrant who demands

total obedience and no questions brooked

lest I plummet in grace


we have complete liability for our acts

and it is on us to judge and repent of ourselves

and God lifts not a finger but to enforce the penalty


I love consciousness so I had better swallow my pride

if I want to live forever

even knowing I am the least of men has a certain arrogance


to it that disqualifies me from grace

that comes only when it is not so selfishly desired

oh One is this how we accept mercy as


a visage of judgment? as if it were possible for any of us to know...

if I were God

I wouldn't be this sad soul projecting his meek desires


on the vast processes of creation

that are the very heartbeat of Life itself...

one day I hope to be wise...and strong...and brave enough


to understand I am always part of the God I wish to join...




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.


No comments: