Monday, December 20, 2010

some people say I live in the past--

not so--not so at all--

it's just that the past

is still present for being ever in my

consciousness--it will never be gone--

how could it if indeed time and space are always

perpetually here and now?

my parents and grandparents stand beside me

(and who they were in previous lives standing beside

who I was in previous lives)

And foes and friends and 'frenemies' and 'froes' alike (O

William and Mammi--my good boys--my tuxedo buddies--

ever missed--and go ahead and mock--I'm

no hypocrite--but do long for their familiar forms

as long as I'm in this one and they are

worth infinitely more than far too many humans--

and may St. Francis intercede if God wishes to damn me

for saying this!--) all of them--all of us here--

and you and me--lifetimes over and over--

forgive me my small little moment of melancholy--

it's hard to realize eternity--with the ignorant

clamoring in my ears about the past--

which has come to pass just...right...NOW!--

there it goes--past--and here we are--now--


Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito




No comments: