Thursday, December 30, 2010

my intent is not

to affirm your agendas

or support your insanity--

nor do I hope

to hope for a better

day and an imaginary

brother- and sisterhood

of like minded

disciples swayed and comforted

by vatic flatulence--

no--my intent

is simply to stare

out the window

at the last quarter moon

hanging over mountains of snow

on this dark morning

after a day of rage

that undermines all desire

I have to repent and transcend

(still longing to escape the confines

of the world at my age!)

and share with you

a view of utter defeat

that is

the purest victory

a solitary soul can achieve--

true communion

with those like me

who never tire of waiting

to hear the Voice to say

what we wish to hear--



thus is my intent

thus I need to start

yet again again



Content 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: