Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A FEW WORDS ABOUT MY SELVES


I wouldn't trust myself

to be calm in a crisis

but I do rise to the occasion

and I have saved the day--

no wonder my friends have made me

an honorary Jew--

I too thrive on aggravation--



*


let it be known now--

the only difference I've seen

between Jews and Italians

is tomato sauce


*

my friends know I'm nuts

but my friends know I'm true

I'm the stand-up guy

who gets mowed down

by the materialist maniacs

who'd destroy the world

for a toy--or a lay that they could own--



*

I am various persons

to various people--

no--not a fake--

but embracing the multiplicity

of all we are



*


I live under unspeakable circumstances--

and God finds this acceptable



*


I like my solitude--

but I don't mind sharing

a lifeboat



*


good God--

all the grief You put us through--

You with your 'every whit of the price be paid'

while those good souls you harass

take their privations

as matter of course

and accept it--

would Lord You be as kind and forgiving

as we are to each other--



*


a New Age coming?

it's already here

wreck and historically ruin

while we just take it

as 'oh here's another conqueror

who thinks he's going to command corpses!'


*


love is all there is

love is all that's left

let us not lose sight of it

in the losses of our illusions


*


no need to say

see you down the line

we're on our way

hell we're already there



Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.



No comments: