Thursday, November 18, 2010

I gave so much thought to transcendence

that I remained earthbound and preternaturally mundane

if thou canst imagine such

I couldn't stand my ordinary mind nor endure my routine fate

yet every undeveloped notion

or ideas left in unrealized potential

freeze like gargoyles lining a hallway to a death chamber



such gloomy thoughts are mere afterthought

remnants of my past life when everything annoyed me

and I had no patience or love for anything

oh to look back now and see the childish pattern of belief

pressed into the moment like a branding iron into oxhide

and realize how foolish the pitiful yearning to disappear

into an idea of God looks to one grateful now he was



not spurned nor outcast for long when I find my destination

I'll let you know about it

provided I can stay long enough to dispatch the message

but I think with no thought on what can only be called

the Infinite and no longer am bound to anywhere

one laser intuition raising the meaning of thought

into active awareness comfortably earthbound for my term



Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: