Wednesday, November 17, 2010

for a------ who loved my poems

and for M-- who wished to reference some in a work--

forgive me I discovered your comments to this blog

over a year after you left them--

I never bother checking comments--almost never think to check--

because until yesterday I couldn't imagine anyone reading my stuff--

then I stumbled upon them and though filled with gratitude

that some had received these poems and a little shame

for my unintended rudeness toward you both

I now feel a little self-conscious as if I were babbling

in a closet and someone overheard me--

the need to express and the shame in expressing

but thank you nonetheless

for loving the words that come through me--

at least this endeavor--sometimes uncomfortable for me--

isn't in vain--

(p.s. to Mr. Lonely: I like your blog, also...)

oh, the many mouths of one voice...




Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: