Sunday, June 27, 2010

WAILS OF THE WRAECCA [Part I continued]



If it be your incomprehensible Will
To grant me clarity of vision
Keenness of insight strength and courage
Of Spirit to strive submit and heal
I'd be done with demons persuasive
Of generation for propagation
Of the false images of god they engender--
Blood-soaked before Your anguished prescience

True Ineffable One distant beyond
The cartoon god I've life-long cursed in
Abject self-hatred afraid to amend
Dubious of repentance and frightened
Of my fault--to You I plead
The blight of the Usual--its folly
And calamity--indifferent as to my proximity
Long as the painful farce can finish

*

We storm our bogus imaginations
Crazed with consciousness
Limited to the skull
Leaving no lament when chafing
The borders of our unique exiles--

As the world teeters absurdly on angered edge
With wails rising to the imagined Infinite
Which answers with silence so consuming
Even the surest steadiest faith trembles
In contemplation of its depths

*

Now the burning bolts of righteousness
Slice the sky with ozone and light
And at last I change direction
Not knowing where as long as it is away
From where I've been dangerous in the open
A bald spot singed into the top of my brain
My will like a pile of ash in my mind
Awaiting flight in a gust of ordeal

Now the fire of judgment manifests itself
Revealing holiness in squiggles of afterglow
Snaking quickly over and disappearing on
The charred residue of consequence
The air itself moves over the remains of Man
And his works blowing them consumed
And wasted incomprehensible into
A vaster desolation beyond consideration

Now by dying flash I move against this wind
Across a life razed by a blood-thirsty justice
Depleted of any delusion and any hope
No place to rest and no place to hide
And somewhere far off in my field of vision
I see a glow intensify by degree and I know
Whenever I get there I'll endure again this upheaval--
God administering those bolts of righteousness

*

Lord I guess I'm done
If so may I not tarry here
If not may I not tarry long

End of Part I.


Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: