Thursday, June 17, 2010

the easiest way to become your own enemy is to oppose your own higher sense...



*

we all break down occasionally in the face of such unchecked mendacity
that one can only wonder why Jesus or any Bodhisattva bothered


*


no one is looking for me--Oh joyous wonder I am FOUND!!!



*


I soiled myself on the righteousness of imbeciles but it serves me right
for dealing with such matters--


*

I will give little or nothing to the thought of your perspective--
where I see gold you see yellow
where you crave the mob I covet the solitude--
how on earth did we have business together?

and what did the One want out of all this?


*

joy yearns for life
sorrow covets death

happiness is the calm that
joins the two and reveals them

opposite sides of one aspiration

*

I welcome you all --the house is small but the comfort is large--
provisions HUGE and satiation beyond satisfaction--

and afterward--in midsummer's pale olive twilight--
we all together welcome the night--one with the limitless instant--

you can live for such moments--or you can live finally realizing
every moment IS this instant...



Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: