Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I have no reason left to try anything but repentance--
I know--none of you believe in God--or you believe some crazy notion
of your own undoing and call it God--

well, good luck--you will some day find yourself here where I am--
under the empty sky--scrambling on rocks barefoot--
cursing yourself in the form of blasphemy-as a light goes on

and you stare at it as if it were a sun or a flesh-destroying face of God--
"no man sees My face and lives--"
well, at least no man can see God's face and die--

the rest is luck chance fate or whatever condition we cannot
understand but use in our pitiful defiance of nothingness--
but happy you know no more than you do--no need to burden

yourself more than you have already--I already repent of my pride--
and wait for the release from my hide--bonjour--eventually--



Content (c) 2008-2010 Philip Milito.

No comments: