Sunday, June 22, 2014

OPERA AS USUAL


a new  direction forming from the rubble-covered roads that lead to this point

and if I knew where it were to go…I’d still have nothing to show for the waste of my deluded effort to discern

in the awareness-scattering pain of the lesson I should learn…
oh were it as fair to bespeak my intent and show remorse for the errors my limited

consciousness have engendered in my efforts…I’d stumble on my tongue to express what I meant and of course take refuge in the excuse of ignorance that could

only affirm how little I had going for me from the start…
ah pained and dubious heart…I believe it is better to repent of my pride and start

over again…in flowing in that shift…that re-channeling down the gunnels of my habit of which some monumental upheaval has changed trajectory

I am still the fool who must follow the way that opens and slide like sludge down a chute to some metaphysical foundry that will forge me new and make me tumble

like rubble down some new way that opened without knowing where I go….





Content (c) 2008-2014 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.

No comments: