Monday, April 8, 2013

LEONARD AGAIN

saw Leonard Cohen last night

at Radio City in New York


an amazing show

an unbelievable show


like the previous three times I've seen him

through the years


three plus hours at full vigor

but this show was deeper...more resonant...


the musicianship beyond superb...

each player a virtuoso


and his back-up girls

what angels should look and sound like


without driving the hearer deaf and blind...

how can a 78-year-old man


have so much energy

kneel on the carpet of the stage


and spring up like a man less than half his age...

and spry as he was who knows when the last tour will be?


God and women have been good to Leonard

and all I could do was follow as I've always done


eyes on the heavens and my neck in my hand

and my heart down some wistful healing chute...


Bravo Leonard...the fellowship of last night

is permanent in the soul...and another incentive


to take heart...




Content (c) 2008-2013 Philip Milito. All rights reserved.



No comments: